Mar 20, 2023
Return to: Programs of Study
The Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) in Supervision and Management program prepares students and professionals for administrative careers in business, accounting, or other professional and technical disciplines. This degree also provides an excellent opportunity for individuals with an Associate in Arts degree and interest or experience in acquiring leadership, business, management, and supervisory skills for professional development.
- Applicants must apply for admission and be accepted to Florida SouthWestern State College. Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges or universities must be sent directly to the Office of the Registrar.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants must have earned an:
Associate in Science degree from any regionally accredited college or university, as defined by State Board of Education rule, with a minimum of 60 credit hours,
Associate in Arts degree from any regionally accredited college or university, as defined by State Board of Education rule, with a minimum of 60 credit hours,
A minimum of 60 credit hours from any regionally accredited college or university, as defined by State Board of Education rule, with all state of Florida general education core requirements met
- Students are encouraged to apply for admission during the term in which they will complete their Associate degree program.
- Applicants not meeting stated admission criteria may petition for program admittance if they feel there are mitigating circumstances. Applicants must submit an official petition form to the Office of the Admissions.
Requirements to Enroll in Baccalaureate Courses
- Upon admission to the BAS program, students must attend a required orientation session prior to enrollment in baccalaureate (3000 or 4000 level) courses.
- Students must complete ENC 1101 - Composition I , ENC 1102 - Composition II , and three credit hours of approved mathematics, all with a grade of C or better, prior to enrollment in any baccalaureate (3000 or 4000 level) courses. (Refer to the FSW General Education Program Guide )
- Students must complete MAN 2021 - Management Principles , during the first term of enrollment if not previously completed.
- Cross-enrollment approval: Baccalaureate degree seeking students must obtain prior approval to cross enroll (as a transient student) in courses intended to fulfill baccalaureate program requirements. Approval will be determined by the appropriate dean in collaboration with program faculty. Students initiate this process using Florida Virtual Campus: www.floridashines.org/.
- Students who have not fulfilled the State of Florida General Education Core requirements must complete them. Students who transfer to Florida SouthWestern State College with a previous Associate in Arts degree from a Florida state college, or baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution, are considered to have met the General Education component of the degree.
- Students who have previously earned an Associate in Arts or a baccalaureate degree from a college or university outside the State of Florida will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis to determine which courses will meet the 36-hour General Education Requirements. Students must have earned equivalent credit hours in each General Education category.
- Students must satisfactorily complete 120 credit hours to be eligible for graduation. For residency purposes, a minimum of 15 core baccalaureate program (3000 or 4000 level) credit hours required for graduation must be completed at Florida SouthWestern State College. All other specific degree requirements must also be met. Credit awarded for Developmental Studies instruction may not be applied toward the total number of credits required for residency purposes or graduation.
- Students must complete the State of Florida General Education Core Requirements, including any assessment of General Education outcomes that are required by the College. Transfer courses will be reviewed for equivalency. Students who transfer to Florida SouthWestern State College with a previous Associate in Arts degree from a Florida College or baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution are considered to have met the General Education component of the degree.
- The Civic Literacy Competency Requirement may be met by achieving a passing score on the Florida Civic Literacy Exam and by successfully passing a civic literacy course.
- The Foreign Language Competency Requirement may be met by:
- 2 years of the same High School Foreign Language, or
- Documented foreign language proficiency through testing (for example, CLEP), or
- 2 semesters of the same College Level Foreign Language (Level II proficiency).
- Students must fulfill all requirements of their program.
- Students must achieve a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Students must earn a grade of C or better in all baccalaureate (3000 or 4000 level) program requirements.
- Students must successfully complete the Capstone Post Course Exit Exam (minimum grade of 70%).
- Students must indicate their intention to attend commencement ceremony by completing the Commencement Form by the published deadline.
Many courses require prerequisites. Check the description of each course in the list below for prerequisites, minimum grade requirements, and other restrictions. Students must complete all prerequisites for a course prior to registering for it.
Lower Division Requirements: 60 Credit Hours
Electives (24 Credit Hours)
*NOTE: The following courses must be successfully completed to fulfill the requirements of this baccalaureate degree. It is recommended that these courses be completed as part of the lower division requirements.
Upper Division Program Requirements: 42 Credit Hours
Supervision and Management Requirements (30 Credit Hours)
Upper Division Electives (12 Credit Hours)
- ACG 3103 - Intermediate Accounting I 3 credits
- ACG 3341 - Cost Accounting 3 credits
- ENT 3003 - Entrepreneurship I 3 credits
- ENT 3172 - The Special Role of Franchising 3 credits
- ENT 4004 - Entrepreneurship II 3 credits
- HSA 3113 - Contemporary Issues in Health Care 3 credits
- HSA 3430 - Health Care Economics 3 credits
- HSA 4184 - Management Strategies of Healthcare Organizations 3 credits
- MAN 3864 - Managing a Family Business 3 credits
- MAN 4402 - Employment Laws and Regulations for Human Resources 3 credits
- MAN 4570 - Retail Logistics Management 3 credits
- MAR 3231 - Retailing Management I 3 credits
- MAR 3232 - Retailing Management II 3 credits
- MAR 3860 - Salesmanship and Customer Relationship Management 3 credits
- Any 3000-4000 level courses with these prefixes: ACG, ENT, FIN, HSA, ISM, MAN, MAR, MNA, QMB, PAD, or TAX.
Additional Program Requirements: 18 Credit Hours
Choose 18 credit hours of approved electives numbered 1000-4999 to reach the 120 credit hours required for the degree.
Return to: Programs of Study